My oldest grandangel chose the name for my blog, and she did a great job describing who I am. I'm a Momma and a Nana who loves to see my family enjoying my cooking creations in the kitchen. The recipes on this blog are a few of our favorites that I want to share with you......enjoy!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole

1- 10 3/4  ounce can cream mushroom soup
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 green poblano pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1-lb medium shrimp, peeled and divined
1 package wild rice
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
salt and pepper  to taste


Cook rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water.  Let cool.


Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.  (  I USE frozen shrimp that I have thawed and omit this portion of recipe)


Saute onion and pepper in butter until tender...5-7 min.


Preheat oven to 325


In a large bowl combine rice,soup,1 1/2 cups cheese, shrimp and vegetables.    Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.      Spray a medium casserole dish with Pam and top with remaining cheese.  Bake for 30 min. or until bubbly.


This recipe can be made using white or brown rice and you made add what ever seasonings you like.

2 comments: