My oldest grandangel chose the name for my blog, and she did a great job describing who I am. I'm a Momma and a Nana who loves to see my family enjoying my cooking creations in the kitchen. The recipes on this blog are a few of our favorites that I want to share with you......enjoy!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Momma's Best Biscuits

2 cups self-rising flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick Butter
3/4 cup milk

Preheat oven to 425. In large mixing bowl, mix sifted or fluffed with a spoon flour,sugar and salt together.   Add butter and cut it into flour until it is the size of a peas.      Make a well in the middle of bowl and add milk. Mix with your hand or fork until dough forms.    Put on floured surface and lightly knead.   I use my hand to form to desired thickness and then cut out with biscuit cutter, careful to not twist while I cut out biscuits.  You may brush with melted butter before placing in the oven but I do this after they are baked.  Bake about 15-20 or until browned.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee..I love seeing my mom's recipes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad this is on here! Now, I can just look it up whenever I want to make the BEST biscuits in the whole wide world!

    ReplyDelete