My oldest grandangel chose the name for my blog, and she did a great job describing who I am. I'm a Momma and a Nana who loves to see my family enjoying my cooking creations in the kitchen. The recipes on this blog are a few of our favorites that I want to share with you......enjoy!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Pie Crust

This recipe easily makes 2 (nine inch) crust

12 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter
3 cups cold all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup frozen crisco
6 to 8 tablespoons ice water

Dice butter and shortening and  return it to the refridge.   Place flour,salt and sugar in the food  processor bowl with steel blade.   Pulse a few times.  Add butter and shortening, pulse 9-12 times until the butter is size of  peas.  Continue to pulse while slowly pouring ice water in the feed tube.  Pulse until dough begins to form a ball.  Place on floured surface and roll into a ball.   Divide in two and   Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to several days.        Roll each disc on well floured surface in a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the dough to make sure it does not stick to surface.     place in pie pan making sure you do not stretch the dough as you fit it into the pan.....flute edges.    This recipe is great for pecan and sweet potato pies!!

1 comment: