My oldest grandangel chose the name for my blog, and she did a great job describing who I am. I'm a Momma and a Nana who loves to see my family enjoying my cooking creations in the kitchen. The recipes on this blog are a few of our favorites that I want to share with you......enjoy!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

3-tablespoons olive oil
1-cup onion,chopped
3-teaspoons chopped garlic
1 large poblano pepper,seeded and chopped
1-2 jalapeno peppers,seeded and chopped
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2- teaspoon ground coriander
1-14oz can Fire Roasted tomatoes,chopped
6 -cups chicken broth
1-lb cooked,chopped or shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
1/4-cup chopped cilantro
2-teaspoons fresh lime juice
1-teaspoon cajun seasoning (Tony's)
1-avocado,peeled and chopped (optional)

Chipotle Crema (recipe below)

In a dutch oven or large heavy pot,heat oil on medium.  Add onions,garlic,peppers, salt,cumin, cajun seasoning and coriander and cook for 5 minutes.  Add tomatoes and cook stirring for 1 minute.  Add chicken stock or broth and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.  Add chicken and simmer 5 minutes.    Add cilantro and lime juice stirring well.  Remove from heat.

Chipotle Crema(optional)

1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon chopped chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce
1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients in blender ...processing on high speed until smooth

No comments:

Post a Comment